Organised crime on the agenda when the Riksdag hosts meeting of the chairpersons of COSAC
Published 26 January 2023 | On 29–30 January, the Riksdag will host the meeting of the chairpersons of COSAC. During the conference, the chairpersons of the national parliaments’ EU affairs committees and members of the European Parliament will be meeting to discuss current EU issues.
The meeting of the chairpersons of COSAC will be held within the framework of the parliamentary dimension, the Riksdag’s part of the Swedish Presidency of the EU Council of Ministers. It is one of the recurring conferences arranged every six months by the parliament of the country holding the Presidency.
Priorities for the Presidency and organised crime
The agenda includes the priorities for the Swedish Presidency of the EU Council of Ministers and what the EU can do jointly in the fight against cross-border organised crime. The meeting will be chaired by Hans Wallmark (Moderate Party), the Chair of the Committee on EU Affairs.
The Riksdag to arrange eight conferences during the EU Presidency
Sweden is holding the Presidency of the EU Council of Ministers in January–June 2023. Within the framework of the parliamentary dimension of the Presidency, the Riksdag will be arranging eight conferences and meetings during this period, in which members of the national parliaments of the EU member states and of the European Parliament will participate and discuss various matters. The conferences are part of continuing cooperation between the parliaments, also known as the interparliamentary cooperation in the EU.
Broadcasts from the conferences can be followed live and on-demand via the Riksdag webcast service. The broadcast will start at 9 a.m.
- About the meeting of the chairpersons of COSAC on the website for the Riksdag’s part of the EU Presidency
- About interparliamentary cooperation on the Riksdag website
- On exchange of information between national parliaments and the European Parliament on the IPEX website
- Twitter: @parleu2023se
Contact person for the media
- Johanna Möllerberg Nordfors, Head of Secretariat, Committee on EU Affairs tel: +46 8 786 66 57 82 email: email@example.com
- The Riksdag Administration’s Press Service +46 0 8 786 62 00