Plenary Meeting of COSAC
COSAC is a conference for meetings between the European Parliament and the special EU bodies of the national parliaments, which in Sweden is the Committee on EU Affairs. The Plenary Meeting of COSAC (LXIX COSAC) will be held in the Chamber of the Riksdag on 14–16 May.
Date: 14–16 May
Location: The Chamber of the Riksdag, Stockholm
Please note that the Meeting of the Chairpersons of COSAC at 16.30 on 15 May is not open to the media.
A conference of parliamentary committees for union affairs of parliaments of the EU
The objective of COSAC is to bring together members from the national parliaments' EU committees and the European Parliament to discuss current EU matters and issues relating to the role of national parliaments in the EU. COSAC can provide opinions and recommendations relating to the EU's activities, also known as contributions, to EU institutions and the national parliaments. COSAC's contributions are non-binding for the national parliaments. COSAC can also adopt conclusions on its own activities.
A plenary meeting is held every six months. Every national parliament and the European Parliament participate in the plenary meeting with up to six members. The Chair of the Committee on EU Affairs will host the plenary meeting at the Riksdag.
COSAC is an abbreviation of the French Conférence des organes spécialisés dans les affaires communautaires, meaning the Conference of Parliamentary Committees for EU Affairs of Parliaments of the European Union.
- Invitation from Mr Hans Wallmark (pdf, 39 kB)
- Draft agenda for the Meeting of the Presidential Troika of COSAC 14 May 2023 (pdf, 59 kB)
- Draft programme for the LXIX COSAC Plenary meeting 14-16 May 2023 (pdf, 296 kB)
- Background note session I - Swedish Presidency (pdf, 184 kB)
- Background note session II - The Single Market 30 years (pdf, 186 kB)
- Background note session III - Towards a green transition (pdf, 194 kB)
- Background note session IV - Ukraine (pdf, 230 kB)
- Draft List of Participants LXIX COSAC 2023 (pdf, 2,6 MB)
Photos from the Plenary Meeting of COSAC 14-16 May
A plenary meeting of COSAC is held every six months. Every national parliament and the European Parliament participate in the plenary meeting with up to six members. The Chair of the Committee on EU Affairs will host the plenary meeting at the Riksdag.